Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Teleworking

As of today, I'm working from home full-time. A sudden and stunning development. But we are just out of space at the office and teleworking is a good option for some. Writers can certainly work just as well from home. Might get a little lonely, but I do like the environment. And we are connected electronically all day. And just think: no commute, no gas, no driving in snow, no lunch expense, no dress code -- today I worked in shorts and a t-shirt. I still have a small cube for when I need to be in the office for a meeting, etc., but small is fine with me. No problem. This will be a major change. May take a little getting used to.

3 comments:

Alex Johnson said...

Take a look at my site Shedworking at www.shedworking.co.uk - it's mainly focused on garden offices but it looks at homeworking in general too.

y-intercept said...

What? Shorts and a T-Shirt aren't appropriate for the office?

That might explain the stares and the lack of promotions.

BTW, I a like to your blog on the page Salt Lake Sites - blogs.

Bekkieann said...

would be happy to have any of my following blogs listed at Salt Lake Sites:

Topic: Politics and Current Interest (liberal point of view)
www.slcblues.blogspot.com

Movie Reviews
www.reel-women.blogspot.com

Book Reviews
www.bekkiesbooks.blogspot.com