Sunday, October 21, 2007

When the truth is found to be lies

Why do people lie when the truth serves just as well? For some reason I never stop believing people are basically honest -- and then some people continue proving me wrong.

I'm assuming the divorce will, at last, be final this week. The delay has been ridiculous. But this week has been the end of a chapter in many ways. I finally met my ex's new love and we had a long conversation. I actually like this person in spite of myself. Not that I want to interact socially. And clearly my help is still needed to help my ex get back on track. I find myself in a strange situation even more so than in the past. But I will help.

I've neglected the yard too long, and I will return to that place of comfort this week and get it ready for winter.

No comments: