Monday, December 3, 2007

Lest we think life isn't fair

People love to say life isn't fair. I've said it myself. But truthfully, life hands everyone their fair share of problems to deal with. None of us is special - we just happen to have our own individualized set of problems. But life also gives us tremendous physical and emotional resources to call upon when needed. The key is to do that. I always try to get into what I call my "problem-solving" mode as soon as possible. Someone earlier in my life taught me to do that and it's a lesson well-learned. I try to teach it to my children and grandchildren at every opportunity. Today I'll will deal with a lawyer who has sent me a most unreasonable bill. I will learn something important about my health. And whatever the outcome of those, I will deal with it and continue to make choices and take actions that I believe are best for me. And in the meantime, I will finish work, get the snow tires on the car, get snow tires for Jenn, pick up Brittany, go for my walk, do a little housework. And maybe I'll start putting up some Christmas decorations. And then I'll get a good night's sleep.

No comments: