Saturday, August 15, 2015

Late Summer Yard

While the kids were visiting in July, I had Alberto's crew come do some general yard cleanup. The yard has remained so beautiful since then.  Some of the perennials have bloomed earlier and some later this year. The Jupiter's Beard didn't put on its usual spring show, but it looking lovely for late summer.  The hummingbird trumpet is not as covered with orange blooms this year, but looks well enough.  The many perennials I planted last year have lived--some have thrived and some have struggled.  I will be planting even more this fall.  I want to add more variety of cone flowers, more lavender, more blanket flowers, more pink yarrow, etc.  I also plan to move some ajuga, more of the iris, and various volunteers throughout the yard.  It's an ambitious plan.

The arch I added for the wisteria in the front has proven to be just what I wanted. It appears in some of the last pictures here.  So without further explanation, here's the mid-August yard.




























2 comments:

troutbirder said...

Looking very fresh & sprightly for late summer....:) Mine here is pathetic but recent shoulder surgery has kept me out of action....

Bekkieann said...

Oh, that shoulder surgery is tough. Hope it heals well and you have that mobility again before long.