Sunday, October 15, 2023

A homeowner once again

 On Thursday, I signed the papers to close on the house purchase, and wired a large sum of money to pay in cash. On Friday, the sale was funded and I officially became a new homeowner once again.

The former owner will stay in the house until December 1st and will rent from me during that time. I'm very happy to report she did find a house near her daughter and may even move out as early as Thanksgiving weekend. But that still puts me around the 1st for my own move. Now I have to do what I need to do to get through the next six or seven weeks or so. I will be vacating my current bedroom for the grandma from Brazil, who will arrive in two weeks. I'll move into the little formal living room that isn't used much and will sleep on a pull out bed. I insisted on this arrangement as I have enjoyed the big bedroom for 10 weeks now and I can tolerate a few weeks on the pullout. It's all good, knowing there is an end in sight. 

The pressure is off now. I don't have to scan real estate postings and lose sleep wondering what the future holds. I am mentally moving into my new place -- arranging the furniture, planting flowers, sipping coffee on the patio.

No comments: