Saturday, February 14, 2009

Another snowy day

Valentine's Day, snowing lightly, and all my regular feathered friends are paying a visit -- the juncos including some of the pink-sided variety, finches, and the ever dainty little pine siskins. Of course the quail are puttering about as well. I've placed seed on my patio where the birds particularly like it because of the roof that shelters them from the snow while they nibble at my offerings. They make a mess out there, but I love seeing them so close up.

Going to the ballet today - matinee, Madame Butterfly. One of my favorite operas but I assume it will not be sung today, but only danced. I'm sure it will be lovely, but it makes me want to listen to the opera. Lunch at Bambara, too, my first time there. I hope the snow does not interfere with our plans.

Used my new coffee grinder for the first time. Did a pretty good job at guessing the quantity for the pot I wanted to brew. I'll get better with time. It does make a good cup of coffee.

I've been walking 4 or 5 miles at a time when I get out, but hate these interruptions with the weather. We'll see how the weather is this evening when I get home from the ballet. If not too bad, I'll try to do at least 3 miles.

No comments: