Monday, March 26, 2012

Doors and Paint

Well, we lost an entire week last week somehow.  I think my contractor was occupied elsewhere.  But he's here today and tomorrow installing new doors and trim.  Friday the painters come.  Then we do tile floor in the bathroom and then fixtures.  But I'm getting ahead of myself.

I'm most eager to get a washer and dryer installed.  Tired of hauling my laundry to my son and daughter-in-law's house.  But realistically, that's two weeks away. 

When the doors are in, I think I'll take some pictures.

The word of the week is "fatigue."  In addition to the construction and mess, I've been tending my daughter's diabetic cat for the past week; administering insulin shots twice a day.  She's an easy cat to care for except for the shots.  And except for the fact I have to keep her in the TV room as there is no way to keep her out of the basement if I let her run loose.  And that is most unadvisable with the sheetrock dust on everything.  It's worked out okay, but I'll be glad to do one more feeding, one more shot, and then turn her back over to her family tonight.

 And, of course, with the warm temperatures outdoors, I've started some of the annual yard prep for spring.  Even with the inevitable body aches and pains, it was just wonderful to spend time working in the warm sunshine.

Looking forward to normal.

No comments: