Saturday, October 26, 2013

Hunter's Moon

I took this photo a few days ago at the full moon.  This was in the morning a little after sunrise, looking west.  I am so close to the mountains on the east, I don't get to see the moon from my house when it rises.  So my moon shots are always at moonset.

When you live in a mountain valley, as the sun rises, you can see the shadow of the eastern mountains recede across the valley.  See that in this picture?


People in my life continue to heal, but oh so slowly. 

2 comments:

troutbirder said...

I love camping in the mountains. Of course, we don't have any here.... The Bitterroots in Montana are my favorite.

Bekkieann said...

I love the mountains, but not camping. I'm not much for roughing it at all. One of the nice things about living in the mountains, you can always tell which way is north.