Monday, December 15, 2008

The deer at the bird feeders

The deer have been hiding out during the day for some time now, but since the snow started, it's apparent they are around as I see the trails through the snow. This morning, at 5 a.m. and still dark as night outside, as I walked past my patio door I noticed a deer nibbling at one of my bird feeders. My movement inside the house made the deer tense but she did not leave. Then five more deer bounded up the hill from behind my deck and gathered up on the upper level. I turned on the patio light for a better view. She backed away a step but did not leave and finally resumed snacking on bird seed. I grabbed my camera and got a very blurry picture. I'll look at it later and see if it is salvageable.

I am becoming a weird old woman talking all the time about birds, deer, and snow.

No comments: