Saturday, December 20, 2008

More Deer

Is tomorrow the solstice? The shortest day of the year in terms of sunlight. Slept a little later this morning. Didn't get up till 6:30. Hah! I can't remember what it's like to sleep till 10, let alone noon. How do people do it?

Walked through the dark house as is my habit, and noticed deer at the bird feeders. A three-point buck and four does. I watched them a long time and finally got my camera. I can't figure out how to get picture of them in the dark through the glass door. So I stepped outside. They didn't run. Finally after I said "go, go" a few times, they walked off. They are not afraid of me. This is the best picture I could get. Blurry, but you can make out four deer. The buck went the opposite direction.

Went to Celia's party last night after all. I was going to skip it after shoveling snow for an hour and a half. But she called and said try to come anyway, even if late. So I did. The I-215 part of the drive was treacherous, but I made it there with no real problems. Half of the party had gone home, but it was fun to be out. Drove home on the ciy streets to avoid that terrible curve at Parley's Canyon.

Today I will wrap and deliver all remaining presents, drop of donations to The Road Home, and finish decorating the tree. Then try to enjoy the rest of the week until Christmas. After Christmas we have the big go-live for our software implementation and my life will not be my own for the following two weeks, possibly longer.

No comments: