Thursday, December 4, 2008

Will everyone please stop moving the cheese!

Like everyone else, I get used to doing things a certain way and I find it at least irritating when they change things without asking me first. For example, my Google Reader has new colors and design. Okay, it's not so bad and it will probably seem better after I use it awhile. It's just change.

Worse, though, they changed the entire board of my Lexulous game. It no longer resembles Scrabble. And now they are giving us 8 letters instead of 7. My Scrabble partner and I are still trying to play but I'm having trouble wrapping my brain around these new rules. Worst of all, it isn't Scrabble and that's what I want!

Wordscraper, the other scrabble-like option on Facebook is changing as well. The board has changed three times in the past day, and we now have 8 letters there too. Not surprising since both games were designed by those genius Indian brothers (the original Scrabulous). They have put up messages that they'll soon explain the changes. I have a feeling I'm not going to like the explanation as they have now made the customizable board unable to accept a duplicate of the Scrabble layout. Grrrr.

What else?

Oh yeah, I finally switched from IE to Firefox. It's mostly okay now, I've gotten used to where things are. But on my laptop I can't log into my bank account, I have to switch to IE. I know it's some setting and I could probably figure it out, but I just don't want to spend the time.

Okay. Enough whining. Life is good.

No comments: