Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Babysitting

Today I took a day off work to watch my two-year old grandson while his parents are at work.  He just has a little cold, it's not the flu.  But a suspected ear infection too.  The little guy has been asleep since he arrived.  But when he awakes, grandma is ready with her famous homemade pancakes.  It's not the recipe that's so famous, it the shapes we create on the griddle.  Not satisfied with Mickey Mouse, I have done the entire cast of Sponge Bob.  Never fails to cheer up little children who are under the weather. 

4 comments:

Bill S. said...

What a good grandma - I did that for two of my grandchildren who had colds. Guess what - I now have a cold - not theirs because they still have them.. Be careful about cuddling sick babies.

heatherbelle said...

I never had a grandma..something I really missed.
I'm sure these wil be memories the grandchildren will keep for ever.

Bekkieann said...

I was so lucky to have the best best best grandparents. I remember that every time I see my grandchildren. I want them to have the best best best grandparents too. And I also have to admit I love hearing that little voice repeatedly starting every phrase with "Gamma".

Good advice, Bill. It is awfully hard not to hold and cuddle a sick child. My little guy today was mostly better and wanted no cuddling but lots of play. Wore grandma right out.

The Blog of Bee said...

I had a grandma (Omi - she was Austrian)on my mother's side who made the most delicious cakes, biscuits, sweets and sewed the most fantastic outfits that you'd have thought came of a rack in a store. I didn't see her often enough as we travelled so much.

My Grandad on my father's side lived with us until he was into his nineties. He worked well into his 80s. I was very close to him.

Neither of my children are married and I don't have grandchildren yet. My daughter tells me that if I want them I'd better look to my son as she is opting out!