Tuesday, August 24, 2010

It's not easy doing a life

When you judge other people remember one overriding axiom: 'Everybody is having a hard time'. Everyone is insecure. Everyone is hassled. Everyone is tired - we all need more sleep. Everyone wishes he had more courage, more money and better social skills. Everyone wants more glamour in his life, and we all desperately need more laughter. Few can figure out how they ended up living the life they lead. Don't be misled by flippant talk; it's a battle for everyone... Give people a break. It's not easy doing a life. - Joshua Halberstam
 I'm looking at my photo on this blog.  Took it just two years ago in October,  Much has happened.  I have aged - I'm not the same person at all.  And I ran across this quote.  I couldn't agree more.  It's not easy doing a life.

3 comments:

JBinford-Bell said...

And, as my father constantly reminded me, life isn't fair and I will just be hugely disappointed if I assume it is.

On that note let me say I know I look ever so better at my age than my mother did. And I consider my ability to learn new technologies like my digital camera with all its bells and whistles and I know I am not my mother's 65. Thank heavens.

And life, while not easy, is better than the alternative. Well, most days.

Intelliblog said...

How true it is, Becky. Sometimes I catch sight of myself in a mirror and I get a shock. The person looking at me is not the person I feel like inside.

In term of other people, how many of us view other people as failed attempts at being us...

Bekkieann said...

Very insightful, Nick. I've never heard it put quite that way, but I think that's just what we're doing.