Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A nice place for working


I finally moved my computer upstairs to my little office. I snapped a photo as I walked across the hall to work this morning. It is such a change from the dark basement. When the sun comes up, I'll open the curtains. The window isn't distracting, but I can turn and look out and see the lake and Antelope Island and the current weather.

This room is finished except for the ties I still need to get to organize all the ugly cords at the back of the desk.

I have also finished rearranging things and hanging some art, etc. in the bedroom.  That's now finished, too, but no pics, sorry, too private.  Now I need to turn my attention to the little TV room which has been serving many purposes during the remodel.  It just needs some spiffing up.  With that the upstairs rooms are all finished.  That's not to say all the closets and drawers are tidied up, too.  No, there's still plenty to do there.  And now that I'm not working in the basement, I can start to change those remaining rooms as well.  But it will be nice that life is not disrupted by that project. 

There is a calmness in my little office that soothes my soul.  I loved walking to work today.

4 comments:

The Blog of Bee said...

It looks gorgeous.

This is what happens when one starts with a brand new kitchen!!

Bekkieann said...

It's true, Bee. You look around and decide the rest of the house needs to look as lovely. In most cases, it's just a matter of looking at a room with a new eye and rearranging what you already have.

JBinford-Bell said...

When you are finished there want to come help me here?

I have decided my tidying up this spring is going to be in fits and spurts around producing paintings for fairs. And also to really promote my gallery this summer. Ergo the first focus of tidying will be the living room just off the studio.

Next project after the settling of the mechanic's lien will be bisecting the unused hall and making a storage room and starting my shower addition to the half bath. All which will create chaos because of the stuff which has to be moved from the hall.

And then part of me looks at your blog and wish I was that done.

Bekkieann said...

You've got the right idea, Jacqui. Take it a step at a time. It has taken years, literally, for me to get to this point. I'm basking a bit now before I turn to the basement. But this summer will be all about the yard as I feel the house, the upper floor at least, has now reached the 'maintain' mode. I do not plan any indoor projects for the summer.

I'm giving myself to the end of March to finish decluttering drawers and closets and sorting through old papers. Until then I won't plan my outdoor projects. But after March, all of this will get set aside, finished or not.