Wednesday, July 4, 2007

It's gonna take some time this time

Reality sinks in. I'm feeling pretty sad, not for myself, but for him - still my husband but almost my ex. He looked so terrible, he's made suh a mess of his life, damaged his health. We've all tried to help him but no-one can. Today I realized something: I may divorce him, but I won't abandon him. When he reaches the point where he's too sick to take care of himself, and all his new 'friends' are long gone, there will be someone who will look after him. In fact, there are quite a few of us who still care about what happens to him. He never really knew who his best friends were. Tomorrow is our anniversary - 28 years.

I'm going to give myself some time to heal. There's plenty of time later for getting on with my life.

No comments: