Saturday, July 14, 2007

Workin' Out

Holy smokes! Mowing the lawn is still tough. I've lost a good bit of weight this summer and I attribute it almost entirely to lawn mowing on that steep hill of mine. I've started walking the stairs at work, too. With four floors in three connected buildings, we do a lot of walking. But I've relied on the elevators more than I should -- even going down one floor. Now that's just plain lazy. When I first started my job, I tried walking up to the 3rd floor every day, but the stairs on my end of the building are very steep and left me breathless at the top. Eventually, I gave up all the stairs just out of laziness, but I've started walking stairs again. One floor is easy, two floors are not bad from the lobby, so next I may just tackle those steep ones again. With some weight off, it is easier for sure.

I'm down two sizes, which is simply amazing to me. I'm not a fan of going to the gym, but my body appreciates a good workout like mowing the lawn, walking stairs, or even just walking for the sheer enjoyment of it. But now I need to take in the seams of some of my clothes. I bought a couple of things in this size, but I won't be here long, and don't want to buy a bunch of clothes that will soon be too big. I already have enough of those.

But, whew, that lawn mowing may be the death of me!

No comments: