Tuesday, July 3, 2007

What's in a name?

The mediation was a complete success. We settled all issues with very little disagreement. I think the lawyers and mediator felt it was fair, I felt it was fair, but I sense my husband did not agree. But it was as close to a 50/50 split as you could come and still not require either person to write a check to the other.

Now I have decided to change my name. Considering my maiden name, Griffin, but also mom's maiden name Chamberlin, or grandma's maiden name Henderson. I'm asking opinions of family members. I'm sure mom and dad will think it weird. But I don't think I want to go back to my childhood name, I want to go forward to something new.

I have a few days to weigh this decision. I will have this name for the rest of my life, so I must think this through carefully.

No comments: