Friday, August 24, 2007

Oooo, Baby, Baby

Tonight Celia, Pat and I saw Linda Ronstadt on concert at Symphony Hall. We started the evening early at Caffe Molise dining on the patio since the weather was so moderate, a live jazz band playing, great food, a little wine, and wonderful friends and conversation. We had a toast to best friends. It was hard to leave and make our way to the concert, but leave we did. And what a concert it was. She started out with one of my personal favorites, "What's New", from her Nelson Riddle days and then did half of the program from the Great American Songbook era, followed by her rock and roll hits: Poor, Poor, Pitiful Me; Ooo Baby, Baby, and others, ending with Blue Bayou, and an encore with Desperado. It was a perfect evening all the way around.

Tomorrow Celia and I are starting a mosaic project. Off to bed now as we are starting early in the morning.

I have to remember, I stashed some money to buy a new guitar. I miss my old acoustic guitar I gave to my son. I really need one. I wonder if I'll be able to remember the Linda Ronstadt tunes I used to do like Desperado and You're No Good. I have kept that money stashed for over a year in case I needed it for something else, but maybe the time has come to buy the guitar. I feel inspired after that concert.

No comments: