Saturday, November 3, 2007

Planting Bulbs, Having Hope

Is there anything more hopeful that planting dry little orbs in the cold ground, expecting something really lovely to come of it months later? Today I will put 150 of the little things in the ground - oh, why did I buy so many?! Some new varieties I've never planted before. I remember the lovely color early this spring - until the deer enjoyed them too. So in hopes of a bright, cheerful spring, I'm putting these in the ground now. Spring is a long ways off. We will have winter and snow first--cold, holidays, shoveling the walks, warm firesides, friends and family close by. Life cycles on.

This morning listening to 50's oldies on Sirius radio on TV (sometimes listening is better that watching actual programs). They're playing such good tunes this morning, it's going to be hard to tear myself away and go outside. But those bulbs are not going to get themselves into the ground. Ah.

Update: 10:30 a.m. Finished 100 bulbs. Will save the rest for tomorrow. Heading out now for a little weekend fun.

No comments: