Monday, February 4, 2008

Weird snowfall

Yesterday was supposed to be the big snowstorm. And indeed my parents in Ogden got 20 or so inches, my brother in Eden got two feet, southern Salt Lake County got well over a foot. But at my house -- about an inch, that's it. How strange.

When I was shoveling about 8 inches after the previous storm, with the snow on the sides of my driveway so high I could hardly toss the new snow high enough to get there, I felt so tired, and just kept thinking, "no more, no more." I was dreading but resigned to the big one that was due yesterday - but it never came to my neighborhood. It's like a little miracle just for me.

UPDATE: We're getting a little light snow now and it looks like I'll spend my lunch hour shoveling the drive instead of painting like I wanted to do. But isn't it great to be working from home and even have either of these options?!

No comments: