Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A journey of 1000 miles

I am getting more into my walking and rarely miss a day now. I've decided to keep track of miles walked and try to walk 1000 miles in 2009. If I consistently walk 3 or 4 miles a day with few breaks, I'll be able to do it.

I've also decided that 2009 will be the year that I get down to my ideal weight. I'm well on the way there, but had a reversal the past two months, and now I'm back on track. The walking is the key for me. It's painfully slow to see results if you are measuring in pounds or inches. But it's easy to count up the miles walked, so that's the yardstick I'll use -- something I can measure every day and see real progress every day. I count the miles, and the pounds and inches will take care of themselves.

It's what works for me.

No comments: