Saturday, May 23, 2009

Really keeping busy

It's no pretense, an incredibly productive day. Removed a lot of old sporting goods and toys, suitcases, and other stuff from the garage and donated to charity. Checked out lawnmowers at Lowe's and Home Depot. Decided what I wanted and then found it's not available in town. Will keep looking. Mowed the lawn - the old mower behaved just fine (more grass clippings so I'll be lasagna mulching tomorrow), cut up a whole bunch of pruned branches to fit in the garbage. Paid bills, got a letter notarized and ready to mail. Planted a new burning bush that I bought a couple of days ago, washed down the patio, and installed some new solar garden lights along the rock wall. It's only 7 now and I may watch a movie since one arrived today. Or I may start the sprinklers and get things watered. And do one more batch of laundry to finish up what I started yesterday. Then a second shower of the day, and call it good. Maybe a glass of wine and SNL. If I'm not asleep

Still a couple of things remaining on my May to-do list. Dealing with the lawnmower is one. I'm going to add an item for tomorrow to transplant a number of volunteers to various spots in the yard. No need to buy plants when I'm producing so many of my own.

Seriously busy. No time to be lonely.

No comments: