Friday, December 21, 2012

Two Weeks

This is the very moment of the winter solstice -- just as I post this.  The moment separating ever-shorter daylight hours and lengthening daylight hours.  It's the sun's turning point.  And close to my own.

Just two more weeks, and only 4 more actual work days.  As I drove home last night, I realized, I would soon be making that commute homeward one last time. It gave me a little jolt to realize how near that day is.

The new writers are fantastic. I could leave today and they would do great. I'll spend a few more days with them just for some final help and support. But I leave the job in capable hands.  I'm feeling very tired physically and mentally, and I'm ready to let go.

Some fun days ahead.  Let the birthdays and Christmas begin. I'm ready to do some celebrating -- and relaxing. And soon I'll stop counting down and take up my new life.

4 comments:

Hawk's Perspective said...

New beginnings, you sound ready for a change. Hang on to your seat sounds like there may be a great ride ahead.

Bekkieann said...

New beginnings, yes. I'm not sure about anything exciting, though. I see a quiet, simple life ahead. That appeals to me.

Lauren said...

Glad to hear that you feel the new writers will be able to handle it. I would be intimidated to be in your shoes.

And so exciting that your retirement is so near. Retirement, though, seems like such an old word. It doesn't fit you. Anyway, enjoy the last of your days in the "lovely" halls of 606!

Bekkieann said...

It is a funny word. It sounds like I'm tired all over again. Haha. I won't miss those intrepid halls of 606 (or 666, as Josh calls it), but I'll miss all the good people I've had the privilege of working with.

Lauren, your little guy is so darn cute, I want to squeeze my computer when you post his pictures! Especially that last one with the smile!