Friday, November 14, 2008

Making friends with the neighbors' (dog)

Every time I sit on my deck, the neighbor's dog barks and barks and won't stop. I don't blame him. He's in a small yard with high fences and my deck looks down into his yard. I'm sure I seem threatening to him. I don't blame his owners--I'm sure they don't dare leave him alone in the house all day, I've seen what he can do to cushions, styrofoam, and other delights. But I just can't enjoy my deck either. Finally, I bought some doggy treats and today I tossed one down to him as he barked. He snarfed it right up. Then he looked at me and started to bark and changed his mind and sort of said 'rrrruff' quietly as if to let me know he'd give me a pass today, but don't start thinking I'm going to be nice all the time.

I keep thinking maybe it's time for a pet of my own. I don't know.

Here's tonight's video:

No comments: