Saturday, June 14, 2008

Deer again

Ok, I may be noticing a pattern. I'm getting a refill on coffee and I surprised a doe with her nose in my patio pots. With the kitchen window open, she heard me enter the room. We both froze. I wanted to grab my camera which was inches away, but she was watching me and I didn't want to scare her away. I had put moth balls in the pots last night before bed. I don't know if they worked or not as my timing surprised her before she had a chance to nibble. She left quickly. Last night as I continued weeding along the sidewalk, the neighbor's dog took off chasing a deer down the street. I was pretty mad to see they had eaten my geraniums in the Mexican pot - I'd missed that earlier.

What to do! The yard is getting pretty, but I'm wondering if I'll have any flowers for long this year.

But I may at least know what time they are visiting. I may start taking my coffee on the patio every day.

No comments: