Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Time

Where does the time go? It's nearly July and I don't think I've really gotten into summer mode. I've been working so hard, I barely notice all the wonderful things going on.

The mulch project is coming along. Brittany and I have moved 30 wheelbarrow loads in three evenings. We have a two-hour limit per evening. The results really are nice. The remaining pile is probably only six or so wheelbarrow loads. It won't quite cover the area I wanted, but almost. I've decided to finish up with bags of mulch which are easier to manage and which allow me to get just what I need. So 10 yards doesn't quite cover the area, but nearly. Fifteen yards would have done it plus the backyard. So now I have an idea of how much a yard of mulch is.

What I'd really like to do is to wake up early on a Saturday morning with really no plans whatsoever, and spend some hours working on my oil painting, visit some family, shop, go out to dinner, watch a delicious movie, and end the day sitting in the cool night air with a glass of red wine enjoying the view from my deck. That's what I'd really like to do. Oh, and maybe stick a couple of plants in the ground somewhere.

No comments: