Monday, June 2, 2008

Feeling lazy tonight

Sometime ago, watching a program discussing divorce, I heard a therapist say a true thing to a woman: No-one is coming to rescue you. I took that advice to heart myself and have forced myself to rise to the challenges of living alone, caring for a large home and yard, and managing finances, without assistance. It hasn't been easy, but I've learned you can do surprising things when you decide to. But I feel very tired today after too much work yesterday, and yet my list is long and those projects await. Is it so bad to just sit here and watch the news and post a little blog without guilt? That's the thing. I give myself no slack. So in a minute or two I'll pull myself together and get outside.

I think it would be nice to be rescued. Even just a little.

No comments: