Sunday, January 27, 2013

Finally some relief for Utah - January 2013

It has been the worst January I remember for bad air and smog.  But today a small storm is coming in. The radar maps show it to be just on the other side of the lake now.  Sunrise brought a wonderful sight:  The moon and the sky.  The inversion appears to be breaking up.  Fog still clings to the lake shore, but everywhere else is looking sparkly clear.  I did attempt to walk down the driveway to get the newspaper, but that was a no-go.  It's a sheet of ice again.  The hospitals have been busy with people falling on the ice.  I didn't want to add my name to the list.  I'll just leave the newspaper at the end of the driveway until the ice melts.  Our temperature is right at freezing right now, but icicles are dripping, there's a slight breeze, and snow clumps are dropping from the trees.  I sense a slight thaw.

Update:  By the afternoon, winter had returned with a vengeance.  At this moment, the snow plow is STUCK in front of my house.  *sigh*

2 comments:

troutbirder said...

Beautiful from a distance BUT we're iced under today as well and the plan is to drive one hundred miles tomorrow to catch a flight to sunny Florda. I'm going to be really disapointed if.......

Bekkieann said...

Our snow has returned this afternoon. I sure hope they have the roads all cleared for you tomorrow. Florida sounds just wonderful. Can you stay until things in the north warm up?