Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day to Me

Jenn is coming over at 1 for lunch and bringing her new boyfriend. I'm looking forward to meeting him. She seems to really like him. Jeff and Steve and their families will probably be over later in the day. So the morning is mine. I'll get the rest of the plants in the ground. I've finally decided where to put the zinnias. The snapdragons are not doing well. I think it was too hot where I planted them. I got a cutting from mom's 50-year old rose bush that was started from a cutting from Grandma Griffin's rose bush in Logan. I love those roses. I hope I can get it to root.

I'm thinking of dropping Dish TV and the newspaper. I watch so little TV, so even $65 a month seems like such waste. And I read all my news online. The newspapers just stack up until I take them to the recycling bin. I like the Sunday ads, but even those I could live without--they just make me want to spend money. Maybe in the fall I'll get signed up for TV again. Anyway,Dish TV refuses to take my ex-husband's name off of the account even though my credit card is paying for it, so cancelling altogether will solve that problem for me.

Well, let's see how I do getting those plants in the ground. It is so lovely and cool out this morning, and all the birds are making quite a racket.

No comments: