Saturday, May 12, 2007

Some successes

The sprinkler line is fixed (well, we'll know for sure when I can run some water through it), and the lawn is mown, though it nearly killed me today. I spent too much time fiddling around with things indoors this morning, and when I finally started the lawnmower, it was noon--the hottest time of day, not smart. Those hills are pretty steep, and my lawnmower doesn't have power drive, so I have to PUSH! Had to rest four times, but I got it done in 45 minutes. This is only my third time mowing the lawn, and my time has been consistent. I won't trim now until after it cools down this evening. I had to wind new trimmer string on the reel - first time for that, but it seemed pretty easy. If it works, I'll know I did it right. And the whole yard wants a good drink of water.

I decided to put off the car inspection until next week. Mother's Day weekend is too busy with all the visiting. I think I'll go visit mom this afternoon, and try to be home by six so I can start watering and trimming, and maybe even planting.

I posted a profile on Yahoo and already received some messages -- one rather nice one. Suddenly I realize, none of these men are going to want me! What was I thinking to sign up for this!? Well, I've decided a little correspondence can't hurt, and if it never turns into a date, that's okay. Sometimes just having a friend to write to, and to share stories and ideas with is enough. That nice one has a sense of humor and sounds intelligent and is willing to challenge my rather forceful opinions. All the right things so far. But I think I need to post a photo so these guys can eliminate me right away if my figure is an issue.

Well, I've rested long enough. Back to that To Do list.

No comments: