Thursday, May 24, 2007

I'm So Tired, I Haven't Slept a Wink

I'm so tired, my mind is on the blink.
-John Lennon

I think I have been running at full steam for too long now and I need a break. After my finger smashing incident yesterday, I went to bed early and fell asleep quickly, but then woke up many times throughout the night and finally got up to stay at 4 a.m. I kept thinking about what would happen if I was really injured and laid up for awhile. Who would take care of things for me? Who would take care of me? I want everyone to know how independent I am, but I am just one minor accident away from everything going to ruin.

I work hard because I have too. If I don't do it, it won't get done. And it must get done. But I'm not simply tired. I'm exhausted. I don't sleep a lot and I don't sleep well. And small accidents like the one yesterday have been happening to me all week. Maybe it's a wakeup call to be more careful, to slow down, to let some things slide. Maybe I'm not the super woman I think I am.

But I have to be. If I don't do it, it won't get done. But I'm so tired.

No comments: