Monday, May 14, 2007

Just Another day in paradise

The Janke's took me out to dinner tonight to thank me for doing their web site. Good dinner and good company. We had to make it an early one so they could go watch their daughter's soccer game, so I had daylight time left to do yard work.

I am now tweaking the placement and spray of sprinkler heads. I want to eliminate any watering of concrete or bark where nothing is planted. I'm getting pretty good at splicing the pipes, and now I can find the part I need with just one trip to Ace Hardware. Tonight I stocked up on the most common pieces to save future trips. Oh, and I bought a garden gnome while at Ace. Actually it's two gnomes playing checkers. They were too cute to resist. Tucked them under one of the park benches. The grandkids will love them.

Glad I didn't throw out those old stone pots. All three have penstemon and black-eyed susans coming up. The penstemon already have little lavendar blooms. I arranged them near a sprinkler that mostly serves the trees, and turned them so the crumbling sides don't show. Pulled some weeds and added a couple of those solar landscape lights. Looks pretty nice.

In a future post I'm going to do some pics of the areas of the yard. I have traditional grass in front, then woodsy xeriscaping on the east, and in the back a warm Tuscan-ish area, up the hill, lots of ground cover and weeds that await my attention next.

Now I'm doing some laundry, winding down, sipping an adult beverage and listening to Rod Stewart's Great American Songbook, wonderful music of the 30's and 40's. Oh yes, had a good day at work. However, spoke to my lawyer today and he is going in for a heart procedure tomorrow. He feels he will be back to work by Wednesday. If that's true, that would be amazing. But I feel terrible he was working on my case on the weekend. I hope everything goes all right for him tomorrow.

Too busy to be lonely today, but still think about the future and wonder if there will be another man in my life sometime. It seems so unlikely.

Oh, too much writing today. Must. Stop. Good-night.

No comments: