Sunday, October 26, 2008

A good time was had by all

The party was an unqualified success. Everything was so special, so lovely. Mom was pleased. Dad was pleased, too. We had a huge crowd. Just our family makes for a lot of people. But many neighbors and friends came as well. The food was great. The slideshow of the old photos was just wonderful. The cake was nothing short of spectacular. The decorations just beautiful. I don't know how it could have been better. I took a million pictures and will get prints made to add to mom's memory book.

My granddaughter came home with me to spend the night. I think we'll have some quality girly time together today. What an amazing girl she is. Thirteen years old, still child but becoming adult. At one moment talking about anime cartoons, and the next discussing the problems with trickle-down economics. She just tickles me.

My body aches today from hard work and being on my feet for so many hours, but my heart feels good.

No comments: