Friday, June 29, 2007

Everybody's got somebody to lean on

I was looking for some Roy Orbison on YouTube and ran across one of my favorites from the Traveling Wilburys. Isn't this great? When you just feel like crying, Roy Orbison is good company. But somehow, listening to the Wilburys cheers me up. I miss Roy. I miss George Harrison. Yes, that's Dylan and Tom Petty and that other guy whom I can never remember. I always imagine these guys, each wildly succcessful in their own right, getting this little band together just for the fun of it. They look like they are having fun. I didn't like them as well after Roy died. But do so like this album. Never tire of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLipHoBSbJY

UPDATE: Disregard that last statement. I came back for another listen and discovered this great tune as well without Roy. Note the guitar in the empty rocking chair and the picture of Roy. A bit touching. (Later update, that's actually Roy singing when they show the rocking chair.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewWyW6lT1HE&NR=1

No comments: