Sunday, June 3, 2007

Wild Kingdom

The raccoons visited last night. I had a garbage bag half full of weeds lying near the deck and they ransacked it hoping for food I'm sure. My neighbor told me last week she saw a pack of them running from my yard a few days earlier. How do you get rid of raccoons?

Bad news, the robins are gone from the nest. Did the raccoons get the babies? There are still many robins hanging around in the yard, but none are going anywhere near that nest.

Walking the dog at 6 a.m. this morning, we surprised a young deer walking through the yard. The little chihuahua growled a bit and the deer bounded off. Then this afternoon while sitting on the patio with the dog, she growled a bit again and sure enough, this time two deer were standing by the apple tree.

And all the usual birds came to visit. They are enjoying the bird baths with fresh water every day.

Nice day overall. Got my windows washed outside and that alone makes me so happy. Edged all around the lawn And fixed the last remaining problem with my sprinkling system. Followed the To Do List and crossed things off. It is satisfying.

No comments: