Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Ratcheting up the stress levels

I have mediation in three weeks. I have more interrogatories and requests for documents to respond to by the end of June. I am noticing a loss of focus, always feeling distracted. Every mental task takes twice the effort. Sleeplessness at night, and then I keep falling asleep during the day. I'm forgetting to make lists that keep me on task. I realize these next three weeks will be about as tough as anything so far.

The other day while channel surfing, I saw this X-wives show. It was mostly silly and maudlin, but the life coach they had said one thing I know to be true: No-one is coming to rescue you.

Even with a lawyer on my side, supportive friends and family, too, I know the person who will ultimately get me through this, is me.

But imagine, if we get things settled on July 3rd, then July 4th truly will be independence day for me!

No comments: