Monday, June 11, 2007

Too slow with the camera

The sun was just setting when the dog went a bit crazy. I looked out the window and saw a young deer feasting on the sunflower seeds in my lowest bird feeder. Brazen hussy! In broad evening light, right next to a busy street with cars and noisy motorcycles flying by. She couldn't resist the tasty treat. This was surely the same youngster that ate the tops off of all my pansies a couple of nights ago. I sprayed deer repellent on the remaining blooms, and it seems to have deterred her.

I restrained myself from running outside and scaring her off. She was just doing what deer do. I had my camera right next to me when I got up to look out the windows, but unfortunately didn't take it with me, and didn't want to miss watching the deer - so no picture. Maybe next time. I think this young lady will be back.

No comments: