Saturday, June 9, 2007

IKEA

Wow! That is great store. My friend, Celia, and I spent a couple of hours there. She had a list, I was just looking and getting ideas. I think my ex will be taking all my furniture in August when he sets up his new household. But that's fine. I agreed to that as I wanted only to keep my piano. Now I'm excited about the old furniture going as I can change the entire style of my house and furnish it just to suit me! I saw so many thing I liked today, but I will want to spend time looking further to get a good cohesive idea of what I want. With lunch and then chatting on her deck, my day with Celia lasted six hours.

Celia and I have known each other since 3rd grade, grew up just a few blocks apart and were best friends all through school. But then as adults we were separated for 30 years. And now that she's back in Utah, we are thrilled to be so close. The amazing thing is how parallel our lives have been all this time. It's almost like we have a little of one another's brains and we think so much alike--loving books, birds, decorating, foreign movies, eclectic restaurants. We have read the same books, followed the same authors, even when we were out of touch for so long. How wonderful it is to have her back her at a time when I really need a friend like her.

No comments: