Thursday, June 21, 2007

Things Fall Apart

Maybe it's just me, but things seem to be taking a turn for the worse. My lawyer is out of town and his paralegal not only couldn't find the documents I dropped off two months ago, he couldn't find my file at all. I think I made a very poor choice of lawyers.

Doug officially informed Jeff he had to be out of the townhouse by August 1st, so Jeff and Brittany will probably be moving in with me soon. Doug's verbal promise to sell him the townhouse is all off. So Doug is not just a bad person, he's officially evil now putting his stepson and granddaughter out of their home so his lazy, good-for-nothing niece can move in and live rent free, so he can stop supporting her since he is planning on getting married and setting up a new houshold soon. So many people have to be hurt for his caprices.

I called Doug's old friend Art and told him the situation--even details I share with very few people--and he was shocked. I don't want him to get involved or take sides, but I just wanted to ask some questions about when they were kids growing up together. He was helpful, kind, supportive, and understanding, and I'm so glad I called him. I wish I had done that months ago. Talking with him helped me get some clarity on a couple of issues. Art was Doug's friend first, but he has also been a good friend to me for a lot of years, and I shouldn't have hesitated to call him.

I can see I need to take charge of my legal case and do all I can myself to have my ducks in a row in the next week. I have a feeling things are not going to work out so well financially for me and I am very distressed about it. But I also want this to be ended once and for all. Sleep is elusive these days, so I think I'll vaccuum now and do some laundry. Eventually I'll be tired enough to fall asleep. TGIF in a half hour. I can get through another day of work and then it's the weekend.

I feel so sad. As I said, when I first started this blog:

When the truth is found to be lies
And all the joy within you dies

No comments: