Thursday, June 7, 2007

A social whirl

For the last two days at least. Last night went out with the "Reel Women", my foreign film group, had great Thai food at a restaurant called Paw-something, and then returned to one of the women's homes to watch David Lean's first movie, "Brief Encounter", 1947, with Celia Johnson and Trevor Howard. A bittersweet post-war romance. My friend Celia organized this group of five, and this is just our third month going, but I think it's proving to be a lot of fun.

Then tonight, I volunteered to babysit Kevin and newborn Brandon to give mom and dad a break and a chance to go out. It was pure pleasure sitting with the kids. The baby has to be one of the best babies I've ever seen. And Kevin is grandma's boy and we have so much fun together.

Poor doggie, I'm a bad dog sitter leaving her alone all day while I'm at work and then evenings too. So tonight I'm giving her extra attention and allowing her to sleep on the red couch which is her favorite not-allowed item of furniture.

Now, I need sleep too.

No comments: