Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Day


A lovely quiet morning.  Oh so cold outside, but at least it's not storming.  I'm thinking of my friend in Minnesota today, terrible weather there.  The picture here is from my own yard last January following a big storm.  Don't we appreciate the sunshine more after such days?

Watched some Tabernacle Choir and Christmas Mass while I had coffee.  Read a few blogs but didn't comment anywhere just because I wanted to have my own private time for awhile.  Played some Christmas tunes on the piano and sang along.  Doesn't that sound silly to entertain yourself in that way?  It's what I do.

Wandered around the new kitchen and began thinking about what goes where.  I may or may not start moving things in today.  I have the whole rest of the weekend.

Jenn and Zach will be over later.  I bought food--more than we will want.  After that, a movie.

It's a new way of celebrating Christmas.  More low-key than in the past.  Steven and Simone and family are in Brazil.  Jeff and Brittany are spending the day with Brittany's mom and then the Strate's.  We had celebrations earlier.  Of course Eric is in Kansas, and his kids in Virginia.  I wish they could be here, but understand they can't.

It seems there is so much pressure to spend Christmas day in a certain traditional way.  This year I consciously decided ahead of time I would not be pressured by anything, but would just do what felt right, good, timely.  It has resulted in a quiet, happy Christmas.

There's a lot to be said for contentment.  I think I've had just the right amount of Christmas.

Happiness of the season to all my bloggerland friends.  I hope you get to spend it in just the way you like.

2 comments:

JBinford-Bell said...

So happy you got to spend Christmas as you wanted to. And I think entertaining yourself is something you should do often. Anytime we make art or music or poetry the universe tunes in even if nobody else sees, hears or reads.

Wishing a new year filled with entertaining yourself.

Bekkieann said...

Yes, I think there is a certain Karmic aspect that goes with creative activities.

Thanks for those good wishes, Jacqui, and I'm hoping for a new year of good news for you - that the long-standing issues will be resolved and out of your life once and for all.