Friday, December 11, 2009

Day 10: Signs of Prettiness

They finished up all drywall work including texturing the ceiling today.  They did quite a good job of matching my existing texture.  It's a bit different and I agreed that if they couldn't duplicate it, we could have just a smooth ceiling in the kitchen.  But I'm happy with the result.

The tile is being installed even as we speak.  It's late, but the guys want to finish tonight rather than work on the weekend.  Painter comes tomorrow.

I'll look at some backsplash tile in the morning.  I have a fallback option that I think will work if I find nothing else.  But I have all next week to do this and being exhausted from so much shopping, I'm going to keep it very limited this weekend.

Pictures of the floor later when the guys go home.

Here's a peek at the floor.  A bit dark as the lights are not on in the kitchen at the moment.

3 comments:

JBinford-Bell said...

Nice choice, Becky. It likely will not show the signs of an active gardener. What color grout are you going with?

Bekkieann said...

Oh, I'm glad you reminded me. I forgot to specify the grout color. I want neither dark nor light. Just a medium tan I think to blend in and not stand out.

JBinford-Bell said...

I used a taupe on mine. It is the shade my dirt is outside when it is dry.