Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Day 7: One week down

The drywall guy was back for a second round.  I'm not sure what's next.  We had a lot of snow today, I shoveled twice, I thought about 6 inches each time.  Sure enough, NSL got 12".  We got the brunt of the lake effect.  I visited the plumbing showroom and settled on the sink and faucet.  Ordered a light fixture for the dining room and another for my bedroom, but still need more light fixtures.  And did a little Christmas shopping.  Truly tired tonight.  Here's today's photo.

5 comments:

JBinford-Bell said...

Did you say you were also doing under counter lights? So are they getting in the two you had to order fast enough?

Bekkieann said...

Yes, I'll have task lighting under the cabinets. Those and the can lights are standard fixtures provided by the electrician. I just have to pick out the decorative ones. I don't know when the electrician comes back, but the contractor's own crew can also install the fixtures, if necessary.

Shers, thanks for the encouragement. The funny thing is, I somehow thought I'd have lots of time for reading and movies while my house was torn up, but I'm spending all my free time running around shopping. Everyone thinks that should be so much fun, but it is actually exhausting work, coupled with Christmas shopping and dealing with the weather. Not to mention working all day, too. *Sigh* But what doesn't kill us . . . etc., etc., etc.

Looking forward to the new year.

Bekkieann said...

Btw, I realize it's the compressed schedule that is causing the pressure, but it's also the great advantage of doing the project during the holidays when the workers aren't as busy. I am glad about that. Overall, this will pay off because my project will be done very fast. I can handle it.

Intelliblog said...

Looking good (well bad, now, but progressing well, I mean! :-)
It's going to be all done by Christmas, yes!?

Bekkieann said...

If everyone stays on schedule, it will be done the week of Christmas, yes. However, I'm a little doubtful . . .