Monday, December 14, 2009

Day 13: Cabinets arrive

Today's horoscope tells me: "If anyone can meet a goal at this time, it's you. An expert in making plans and following them to the letter, you are ready to go all out with your engines revving. You have your eyes on the finish line already. If you can keep them there, you'll outstrip the competition before you know it. Don't waste any time on self-doubt or second-guessing. You can do this."

My biggest problem with this project has been second-guessing. But today I'm feeling like it's coming together and I feel better about everything.

First thing this morning the cabinets were delivered and stored in my garage. Tomorrow they get installed. Also tomorrow the lighting fixtures should all be here -- I hope. Today my contractor was here getting the plumbing squared away. It's in pretty bad shape and he cut the pipes back so the plumber can come in and put in new valves. I don't know when the plumber comes, but the electrician comes Wednesday.

Contractor likes my idea for the backsplash as do my best friend and my daughter (needing a little moral support for my decision). I think that's it. I'm excited to see the cabinets in. From what I can see so far, they look pretty.

No pictures today as nothing looks different, but definitely pics tomorrow.

3 comments:

JBinford-Bell said...

Hopefully your contractor has the same horoscope. It is hard to push a noodle uphill and if you are the only goal oriented person it can be frustrating.

Bekkieann said...

Yes, we ran into the first real timeline glitch today. The countertop guy informed us he won't have it ready in a week but more like 10 days which puts it after Christmas. My contractor has no leverage with this guy as I found him and worked out the deal myself. Now I feel some trepidation. He was referred to me by the cabinet guy, so I'm going to see if he's got any pull. I guess worst case, we get finished a week later than we thought. It's not such a big deal.

They are installing cabinets now as we speak and I'm a nervous wreck sitting in my office listening but not seeing what's going on. I'm forcing myself to stay out of their way. I'll check on progress in an hour or so.

I hate being so uptight.

Intelliblog said...

Hi Becky! The cabinets arriving must have given you a bit of a buzz. This is definitely a-light-at-the-end-of-a-tunnel moment!
Although it would have been nice to have everything finished before Christmas, I like your attitude: "if it gets done, it gets done, otherwise no stress!"
Hope it all comes together well.