Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Day 14: Good news and bad news

It has been a long stressful day. The cabinets are going in with a few small glitches. Somehow the pantry extended beyond the tile a little over an inch. But my contractor found there is a 3" bullnose version of my tile, and we'll add a trim row of that. Some of the holes in the ceiling are in the wrong places. The electrician comes tomorrow and those will get fixed. I love the drawer handles I selected--sleek and simple.

Cabinets will get finished up tomorrow. Lighting will get done tomorrow, too. I picked up all the light fixtures this evening.

The bad news is that the countertop guy said he won't have it done before Christmas. He'll be here tomorrow to do a template and will give me a firm promise date so the contractor can schedule the rest of the work. My contractor has no leverage with this guy because I found him and worked out the deal separately--it's not someone he has worked with before. Well, it means a week downtime in the project as a number of things can't happen until after the counters are in.

I'm not sweating it. It will be a quiet Christmas. And I'll be able to clean my house in the meantime, which I'm dying to do. It's really starting to get dirty.

Well here are some pics. It really is beautiful.  The first ones are at lunch time, the last ones are the end of the day.

 
 

1 comment:

JBinford-Bell said...

Looks as if your cabinets are making the kitchen look larger and not smaller. Isn't that wonderful!

You must be dancing, GF