Thursday, December 3, 2009

Day 2: Electrical and Finish Demolition

The electricians came today and wired up all lighting, outlets and switches.  The lighting includes six can lights, three pendant lights (over the island), a separate light over the sink, and three under-cabinet task lights.  I think I'm going to have enough light.  Just one mistake.  They put a can over the sink and I want a decorative fixture there.  I'll get it worked out with contractor Scott.  I didn't notice it until after they left.  They have to come back in a couple of weeks to finish the electrical.

The other workers came back today, too, and finished the demolition.  Sheetrock comes next.  They didn't know if that will happen tomorrow or not.  I hope so.

I'm feeling so tired now.  I woke up at 2:30 this morning and didn't ever get back to sleep.  Bedtime is going to be very very early tonight.  I need to go in to the office tomorrow for a meeting and a Christmas luncheon.  So I'll miss any work that gets done at home in the morning.  I work at home in the afternoon, however.

Kitchen area is so cold with that open ceiling.  Temps outdoors are below freezing all day right now.  Brrr!

Here's the final demo picture.  This is what you call 'gutted'.

And the lighting

2 comments:

JBinford-Bell said...

Of course it is below freezing. That always happens when you remove a wall or ceiling. Or if you schedule this sort of remodel in the summer you have torrential rains!

But all seems to be moving apace.

BTW the electrician has to delete that recessed can before they can sheet rock there.

Bekkieann said...

Yes, I got the lighting thing squared away this morning. I had to go into the office, and I can tell they were here while I was gone, but no sheet rock yet. I'm quite anxious in this cold to have that ceiling closed up. Keeping the thermostat set low so the furnace doesn't run constantly.