Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Day 15: Cabinets finished, and good news

Oh, wait until you see these pics.  More beautiful than I had imagined.  I've included pics of a couple of the guys who did this beautiful cabinet installation.  Don't they do good work?

Lighting didn't happen today but in the next day or two.  Plus a little more tile work and some clean up so I can start to get living room and dining room back to normal.  I also can have the appliances delivered and installed, except the dishwasher.  I think I'll schedule that for Monday.

The countertop guy did the template today and he's going to try to have it in on the 23rd.  He couldn't promise but if not that, then the first day or two of the following week.  And then it's just plumbing and backsplash to finish.

My contractor has convinced me I ought to add some spice cabinets in the space on either side of the window.  I think I must.

Enjoy today's pics:

 
 
 
 

3 comments:

Bekkieann said...

Thank you, Shers! I'm already saying that. I just took a look back through the last 15 posts. I can't believe how far we've come in just over two weeks. The hardest part is over and everything just gets better now.

JBinford-Bell said...

it is gorgeous. As to the spice cabinets - how much sun comes through that window. Heat and sun can take all the color and flavor out of your spices.
If it is a north facing window then go for it.

The kitchen looks wonderful and huge compared with the before pictures.

Bekkieann said...

I don't get any direct sun at that window due to the large covered patio outside the kitchen. However, I've decided against it now in favor of some spice racks built into the door of the cabinet next to the stove.